We’re taking walk-ins all day from 12-8pm. It’s first come, first served and we’re only doing designs off of our custom Halloween sheets; no requests, no changes, arms and legs only! Our minimum is lowered from $80-$50 and the pieces will be priced accordingly! Tell your friends!
Los will be here really soon and still has a few spots for appointments! Give the shop a call to set something up! 647 378 2481
At Speakeasy, we love contests. That’s why we’ve decided to end 2011 with our best contest yet. If you’re a crafty person and are know a thing or two about fashion, you’ve got a leg up on the competition.
WILMA, our shop dog, is pretty sad. Her pay wages as shop manager have been skint lately, and her fashions are dwindling. In fact, all she’s been wearing lately are handmedowns and duds.
You can help! Wilma would love to try out the costumes, clothing, or accessories you want to make for her! ANYTHING GOES. You can stitch, glue, sew, staple, weld, papier machee, crochet or knit anything and Wilma will give it a whirl. If your outfit gets chosen, you will win a $350 Gift Certificate for work from Lizzie, and two runner ups will be chosen by both Jen and Adrian, who are giving away a TWO Minimum charge tattoos (an $80 value each - or $80 towards a larger piece)!
Wilma will take a photo with each outfit or accessory she recieves and will make sure to give you lots of online props and love, so include any online media links you’d like her to rep in her photos!
You can mail your creations to us at the following address:
c/o Speakeasy Tattoo
299 Harbord Street
You can also drop it off in person if you’d like to witness the fashion parade during our opening hours. Drop-offs that need to be made after hours can be submitted through the mail slot.
HERE’S THE RULES:
1. The outfit must be Christmas inspired. We’ll surely appreciate all submissions but it’s a Christmas Contest, so keep it themed please!
2. The outfit or accessories HAVE to be humane and comfortable. If Wilma can’t wear it properly, we unfortuantely cannot keep our promise to take photos and consider the submission. Items can be returned but at the cost of the sender. Sorry, but Wilma’s comfort is important. She loves dressing up and we don’t want to ruin that with a bad experience!
3. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 25TH!
4. All participants must be 18 or older.
5. Serious considerations will mainly be given to the items that are the most handmade and “from-scratch.” Pre-fabricated parts are obviously submissable, but the more home-made, the better.
6. ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE PROPERTY OF SPEAKEASY ONCE ACCEPTED AND POSTED ONLINE.
7. FInally, Wilma’s sizing! Local entrants ARE ALLOWED to come and do their own measurements if they would like to be especially accurate. We are AMATEURS, but our measurements as best we understand them to be is as follows:
NECK - 9” around
CHEST - 14.5” around
LENGTH - 10” from base of neck to base of tail
FEET - XXS
HEAD - we THINK about 7.5” around at it’s widest spot, to under her chin.
All other questions can be forwarded to email@example.com. Entrants are allowed to come by and test drive their outfit on Wilma before final submission.